|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Electrical Engineer needed for a market leading aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Avionic electrical systems, aircraft wiring diagrams and the aerospace
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of client/customer requirements/technical specifications of aircraft equipment, components and systems and ensuring their successful integration onto aircraft.
- Develop avionic/electrical system designs.
- Produce avionic/electrical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Specify avionic/electrical design systems interfaces compatible with the installation requirements.
- Define equipment, components, systems and installations specified to enable system testing, fault finding prior to installation and certification.
- Write test schedules and reports
- Advise the design office on mechanical requirements aspects of avionic/electrical designs
- Support the production of flight test and ground test schedules and reports.
- Participate as a Design Office Team member in collaboration with the Workshop and Project Office and external suppliers in delivering equipment, components and systems to meet the Technical Specification.
- Delivery of the required technical solution to meet the schedule and man hour budget agreed in the Statement of Work under the supervision of the Chief Avionics / Electrical Designer.
- Conform with the procedures, processes and standards defined by the Head of Design and Quality Assurance Manager to meet the Technical Specification and to satisfy the Terms and Conditions of Contract
- Participate in reporting technical progress associated with achieving the programme milestones.
- Support the provision of timely, economic, design solutions.
- Other duties to support company as and when mutually agreed with the Line Manager.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electrical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A recognised degree in Aerospace Engineering or Modern Apprenticeship in Avionic Maintenance.
- Driving Licence preferred
- Working knowledge of avionic/electrical systems in an aerospace environment.
- An understanding of aircraft wiring diagrams.
- Experience in the use of design tools and CAD software (AutoCad Electrical) to produce aircraft wiring diagrams, preferable.
- Some familiarity with the quality procedures and working practices under ISO9001, EASA/CAA & DAOS approvals preferable but not essential.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Familiar with MS Office tools.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!