|Location: West Sussex||Salary: £28 - £30 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Kayleigh Budgen||Job Published: 21 days ago|
6 Month Contract
Aircraft Mechanic needed for a highly respected and reputable aerospace organisation based in the Gatwick area who are looking to employ an experienced and well qualified Aircraft Mechanic with Avionics experience to perform Base Maintenance and modifications on customer aircraft.
What the role entails:
As an Aircraft Mechanic you will be responsible for:
- Optimise aircraft downtime by completing works in a timely manner.
- Highlight any technical issues, discrepancies or other issues to the Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
- Ensure aircraft technical log book, maintenance documentation, work packages and zonal handovers are completed accurately and within prescribed timescales in conjunction with the Licensed Aircraft Engineer
- Ensure compliance with company, regulatory and health and safety requirements.
- Report all incidents and occurrences and make accurate records in the Safety Management System.
- Undertake any reasonable activities as required, including working away from London Gatwick.
What experience you need to be a successful Aircraft Mechanic:
- Demonstrate recent experience on B737 NG/Max, B777, B787 or similar type aircraft.
- Have completed a recognised apprenticeship or formal training program.
- Have experience working in a Base Maintenance environment.
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn in-house systems.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that a background check in order to gain an Airside pass is required for the Aircraft Mechanic position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.