|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Avionics Systems Engineer
Currently looking for an Avionics Systems Engineer to join one of the leading International Defence and Aerospace companies, based in Wimborne. Who are offering a competitive salary, benefits package and also a great relocation package.
Purpose of the Avionics Systems Engineer:
As an Avionics Systems Engineer you will be required to drive Systems Engineering work packages associated with the integration of Avionics Equipment into Air-to-Air refuelling platforms. Applications are invited from Project and Systems Engineers with qualifications in Avionics or Electronics Engineering and experience in an Aerospace or Military environment.
Some of the main duties for the Avionics Systems Engineer will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Systems Integration activities for Avionics Equipment through their life cycle, from early development stage to in-service support including obsolescence management;
- Preparation of technical estimates for non-recurring costs and manpower requirements
- Coordinate cross functional teams, technical management of specialists such as design, performance and ILS engineers;
- Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers;
- Liaison with customers, internal and external;
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification;
- Interface definition and management;
- System, sub-system and equipment architecture definition, design and analysis;
- Preparation of technical specification and other project documentation;
- Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews;
- Report progress to the program management and other business entities;
Skills and qualifications as an Avionics Systems Engineer:
- Minimum BEng in Electronic/ Avionics Engineering;
- Extensive Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace or Military environment;
- Familiar with Avionics and Databus (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC429, CAN);
- Experience working to recognised standards e.g.DO-160, DO-254
- Strong communication skills.
- Commercial business acumen for the wider project responsibilities and resource coordination elements of the position.