|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 12 days ago|
B2 Aircraft Engineer Needed - Based in Bedfordshire - Contract Position
Currently I am recruiting for a B2 Aircraft Engineer to join my Client who are a well-known and respected Aerospace company based in Bedford on a Contract basis.
You will be primarily working within the hanger under EASA Part 145 / Part 21G POA, BCAR A8-23 approvals as a Category B2 Licensed Engineer, carrying out scheduled maintenance, defect rectification, manufacture, modification and certification of avionic systems on a defined range of aircraft types.
Main duties for the successful B2 Aircraft Engineer:
- Carry out Scheduled Maintenance and Defect Rectification of Avionic Systems on aircraft maintained by the Airborne Maintenance Group.
- Certification of Avionic Systems on J41 type aircraft.
- Supervision and execution of avionic/wiring manufacture and inspection activities within the UAV group.
- Supervision and execution of wiring manufacture, inspection and testing within the G Seat group.
- Supervision of any avionics personnel working for AMG either as permanent staff or in a contractor role
- Responsible for control of avionic ground equipment calibrations and repairs.
- Manufacture and Inspection of wiring looms under company EASA Part 21G approvals, including raising of EASA Form 1 for release
- All Avionic activities in the absence of the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Electrical maintenance of aircraft ground equipment.
- Issue of EASA Form 1 (Pt 145) for all electrical and avionics components and works
- Assisting with aircraft and equipment movements within the Hangar and apron area.
- Maintain project files and technical records to company standards.
Knowledge and experience required for the successful B2 Aircraft Engineer:
- In depth Knowledge of British and European Airworthiness Requirements (CAA/EASA including part 145 maintenance Organisations, AS/EN 9100 and BCAR A8-23).
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures and awareness of human factors in relation to aircraft maintenance
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of technical libraries and data control