|Location: Aylesford, Kent||Salary: £9.50 - £12.50 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Role: Barrier Operative
Report to: VRS Manager
DAY Salary: £9.50 - £12.50 per hour - 40 hours a week - 8 hours a day.
NIGHT Salary: 50 hours a week, ten hours a shift, time and a quarter for the first 8 hours and time and three quarters for the last two hours.
Job Summary for the Barrier Operative:
The successful Barrier Operative will be in charge of undertaking a wide range of maintenance activities in a safe manner as instructed.
Assist in the efficient operation of the Area 4 network by reporting to and clearing incidents/hazards on the network in accordance with company policies & procedures.
You'll be expected to Undertake VRS repairs with attention to personal Health & Safety and that of colleagues. You will need to work unsociable hours or be on call.
Key Responsibilities for the Barrier Operative:
- Support the company SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) policies
- Follow start of shift briefings and appropriate safe systems of work
- Maintain safe, clean & tidy work environment
- Ensure equipment & vehicles are maintained & used safely & in accordance with procedures and the Law
- Challenge others when they are not working safely and report
- Use appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times
- Identify, adapt, and overcome changes in your work
- Ensure your actions don't put yourself and/or others at risk
Must Haves of the Barrier Operative:
- CSCS Card
- Highways Experience (Barrier Repair Work)
- Drivers License
- Team Player
Desiarables of a Barrier Operative:
- HGV Class 2
- Towing License
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
If you are interested, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.