|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aubrey Knight|
Business Analytics Developer/ BI/ Tableau/ SSIS/ SQL/ Technical Analysis/ Database/ User Training
Are you a BI Developer who is looking for a new challenge? Now is the time to join.
Purpose of the job:
- Deliver developments within Business Analytics (BA) aligned to the Group's business strategy and collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved business insight and to correctly analyse the data presented.
- Responsible for quality development, unit testing and performance testing in adherence to the Group BI technical architecture roadmaps and lead key initiatives.
- Provide functional technical support for the maintenance of the business analytics platform.
- Engage middle manager and peer level staff across the group and promote the appropriate development of business analytics usage within the respective departments.
- Lead individual developments and manage small sized IS projects, using a
combination of agile and PRINCE2 methodologies.
- Demonstrate self sufficiency in development and support but also enhance business self sufficiency of the group to rely less on IS to provide business analysis (e.g. via training, coaching, facilitated workshops)
- Understand and contribute to the Logical and Physical data modelling process for the business analytics platform
- Develop and promote innovative solutions and keep up with current technological industry trends.
- Suggest improvements to processes regarding data flow and data quality in order to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Responsible for the quality of the design, build, test, implementation and support solutions in MSSQL Server, SSIS and Tableau, packaging and delivering new service offerings developed by the developer or peers is performed in line with all relevant guidelines and data protection regulations.
- Design and create objects such as tables, stored procedures and ETL packages.
- Test, monitor and tune software code for stability and performance.
- Responsible for the build of deployment packages to promote changes through environments, following the agreed change management procedures.
- Work with other areas of the IS Dept including Basis team, ABAP developers, Quality Assurance and Operational Services to ensure that the platform and architecture is robust and should enable BA applications to adapt with the changing needs of the business.
- Facilitate technical support for legacy transactional databases, reporting systems and business analytics platforms and escalating when necessary.
- Perform report development, including building of queries, templates and workbooks
- Perform analysis & debugging of complex issues, monitoring of regular batch jobs and resolving errors, performance monitoring and tuning, BA configuration, sizing & capacity planning.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Proven communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Capable of managing expectations and pushing back when necessary
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Good command of English language, good verbal and written skills, a believer that documentation is valuable.
- Self motivated team player who is committed to achieving results
- Proven ability to deliver the application of data driven decisions based on business analytics technical solutions.
- A track record in delivering against a number of projects or work packages on time and with quality.
- Proven expertise in working in multi-function, multi-supplier teams to deliver successful projects.
- The ability to communicate at all levels across the Group and develop productive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate passion, commitment and enthusiasm to drive through change.
- The required technical skills are defined in the table below.
- Exposure to and an understanding of a recognised project management methodology such as PRINCE2 and AGILE, whether it is CMM, PMI, MSP etc.
- Experience and expert knowledge of being a team member in implementing Business Analytics data warehouse through at least 1 full lifecycle project is desirable
- Degree level or equivalent is desirable
For more information, please apply!