|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Defence / Technology
Bid Coordinator required for a globally recognised defence organisation based in Salisbury. They are looking for a candidate with a good experience of working in a pre-sales environment.
The Bid Coordinator will be responsible for preparing, writing and submitting proposals which will deliver the aims of QinetiQ's Business Winning strategy.
All applicants for this Bid Coordinator position must be eligible for SC clearance.
Experience required for Bid Coordinator position:
- Consistently demonstrate understanding of all competencies of the Business Winning Competency Framework and show development of some competencies through professional development
- Bid delivery conversant with industry methods and practices and common customer procurement processes.
- Leading small teams of business winning professionals that span business and functional boundaries.
- Takes personal responsibility for their professional development seeking opportunities to stretch themselves and advance their capabilities and experience and support their progression to higher level bid management roles.
Key Responsibilities for Bid Coordinator
- In-Year Bidding: Manage the bid phase of a portfolio of small opportunities which delivers the in-year order intake. Stretch to support Cat C/B under guidance.
- Pipeline Management: Early participation in the qualification of opportunities in the Order Intake Pipeline to improve future bid planning, execution and success.
- Bid Approval: For opportunities in a timely and pro-actively manner, work with the programme delivery team to identify the resources required to deliver a winning bid and achieve approval from within the Business for the proposed bid investment; consistently challenge and manage the bid investment in consideration of the predicted Return on Investment.
- Bid Progression: Drive the bid phase and progress all opportunities, through an appropriately tailored business winning process; define the approach, create the bid and write the proposal to deliver to the highest quality and on time, and in budget.
- Customer and Industry Relations: Together with the Programme Manager and Sales Lead, support the opportunity in its management of external relationships; provide supporting information and data to the commercial lead to better position negotiations with the customer.
- Company Collaboration: Work across business and functional boundaries to build and streamline the bid response, executing a winning bid in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Professional Development: Demonstrate progression against the Business Winning Competency Framework addressing identified areas for development.
- Service Lines: Demonstrate appropriate level of capability in accordance with applicable Service Lines components.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this Bid Manager position please press 'apply now'.