|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Bid Manager to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career dealing with bid for some very different projects that you would necessarily get to work on anywhere else.
The growth of the Defence business unit within RF Power is heavily dependent on a Project based business offering custom solutions to our customers. A critical role within our business is the Bid Manager, enabling a vital link into our capability and solution creation.
The successful candidate will require a close working relationship with Technical Specialists, Project Management, Engineering, Operations and Finance. The Bid Manager will take ownership of the end-to-end bid process, creating a team with the relevant knowledge required to prepare winning bids
Some of the main duties of the Bid Manager will include:
- Co-ordinate the generation of a proposal in response to a customer Request for Quotation (RFQ), received via Business Development or directly from the customer.
- Review and compile technical information from Technical Specialists to provide written commercial response to the business leaders.
- Delivery of pricing quotations to Sales/Business Development through the compilation of a Bid Review document, ensure appropriate profit levels are achieved.
- To construct proposals that succeed both internally and externally by liaising with Engineering, Operations, Finance and Commercial departments.
- At an early stage, anticipate the commercial, cost and delivery risks on a project including the appropriate contingency for mitigation.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- To develop and maintain customer contacts to generate new business, through attending Trade Shows, customer meetings and industry events.
- Build a view of the market, our win/loss ratio and suggestions for improvement.
In order to be the successful Bid Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Commercial understanding of business functions including Finance, Sales, Operations and Purchasing
- Demonstrable proactive behaviour towards all business areas.
- Detailed working knowledge of Excel and data manipulation.
- Manage and priortise own workload.
- Communicate the overall vision to all areas of the organisation.
- Indirectly manage diverse teams, including both internal and external resources.
- Experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management tools such as SAP, SAP CRM or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
*An understanding of the defence market and customers*
SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!