|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Performance base bonus|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Bid Writer needed for a dynamic and progressive technology and research company based in Cambridge who are looking to employ an experienced Bid Writer with an in-depth experience of writing and editing proposals and knowledge of commercial and public funding proposals (e.g. FP7 H2020, Innovate UK).
The successful Bid Writer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays (4 reserved for Xmas) in addition to Bank holidays.
* Performance based bonus.
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Onsite Parking
* Full Kitchen Facilities
What the role entails: The company is currently looking for an enthusiastic, creative and motivated individual with proposal writing experience, preferably related to a science, engineering or a technical discipline, to join a multidisciplinary team in the role of Senior Innovation Consultant.
Some of the main duties of the Bid Writer will include:
* Authoring and supporting development, writing, and editing of a variety of materials for proposals concerned with business impact, technology management and technical contributions for collaborative R&D funding
* Conduct market research and analysis to the level of detail required to demonstrate sufficient impact for a fundable project
* Research competing technical solutions in order to formulate a cogent thesis for the proposed solution
* Write high quality, interdisciplinary research proposals
* Assisting with ideas generation workshops to create innovation concepts and solutions for our clients and carrying out due diligence/techno-economic feasibility of resulting ideas
* Authoring detailed and well-structured research and development proposals that meet the eligibility criteria
* Liaising with suitable industrial and academic partners to gather information for submission of research proposals
* Ensuring proposals are prepared, initially assessed and submitted to the required standard and deadlines
* Review, edit and improve bid and proposal documents
* Communicate effectively with technical staff, industrial clients and research partners.
What you need to be the successful Bid Writer:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in a scientific, technical or business discipline
* Experience or keen interest in commercial factors related to new product development
* Strong persuasive writing skills, preferably demonstrated by a proven track record of proposal / bid writing
* Knowledge of commercial and public funding proposals (e.g. FP7, H2020, Innovate UK) is preferable
* Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects to meet deadlines
* A passion for writing, an eye for detail and high-quality standards
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Writer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!