|Location: Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £41000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Salary:£40,000 + Company car or car allowance, healthcare, pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our client is an integrated highways service provider operating across London and the South of England, a main contractor within the Highways maintenance, Street lighting, electrical services, surfacing, TM and public realm infrastructure projects.
We are now looking for a Bid Writer to join the team, working out of Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire head office where they will take responsibility for creating written responses as part of delivering work winning bid submissions.
Key responsibilities for the Bid Writer:
- Creating and maintaining content for bid responses
- Working with the bid manager, operational lead, bid library manager, other specialists within the business and our supply chain to create written material for bid responses.
- Incorporating comments received from reviewers.
- Ensuring the writing structure and words used in the bid persuasively convey the offer to the customer.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, clarity, readability, consistency and persuasiveness
- Filing and housekeeping as required, in line with the company shared work systems, WorkSpace and business development email account
- Actioning and updating the clarifications log where actions are assigned to the bid writer
- Following submission of the bid and feedback from the customer, work with the bid library manager to update the bid library with new/updated information gathered from the bid process.
- Designing, formatting and producing bid templates, documents and related materials
Skills and Experience for the Bid Writer:
- Excellent written skills
- Confident user of Microsoft programmes including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Creative writing background or degree
- Prior experience working as a bid writer within a bid team
- Previously worked within the Construction/ Highways space - desirable
- Passionate, Self-Motivated and can work with little or no supervision.
- Take pride and enjoyment in your work.
- Willing and ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Fantastic opportunity to work with an expanding successful Highways contractor where you can progress your career, so if interested, please get in touch.