|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Boat Builder needed for a maritime and defence company based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Boat Builder that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of reading technical drawings.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. C&G / ONC / HNC Mechanical Engineering etc. and have a keen interest in boat building from scratch.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Boat Builder will include:
- Reading technical drawing
- Fitting deck hardware
- Laying up GRP
- Building models that are built to exacting standards and close tolerances
What experience you need to be the successful Boat Builder:
- Experience with working in a ship yard / boat building environment
- Related educational of professional qualification - i.e. C&G / ONC / HNC Mechanical Engineering or similar approved qualification
- Proven track record in manufacturing high quality, low quantity bespoke items would be an advantage
- Experience with a range of workshop equipment associated with boat building:
- GRP layup
- Plug & Mold manufacture
- Patternmaking / wood working tools
- Establishing datum's, waterlines, frame positions, parallels etc from technical drawings
- Fitting of drive equipment
- Accurate aligning of contract surfaces
Must be eligible for SC clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Boat Builder to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.