|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: £1000 - £100000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
BOM Coordinator needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced BOM Coordinator who will be to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM) quality specification is aligned to the appropriate product description to ensure that the business can plan, cost and manufacture its products accurately and effectively. The role reports to the Configuration and Data Manager.
The successful BOM Coordinator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus
* Contributed pension plan
* Career progression
* Life assurance
* And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the BOM Coordinator will include:
* Develop and maintain BOM related knowledge/capability in line with Systems & Processes
* Leading the audit of Engineering BOMs vs Manufacturing BOM vs actual build, noting significant errors that may result in shortages or cost discrepancies, communicating as appropriate and updating Engineering BOMs as required
* Maintaining BOMs to capture engineering changes, procurement or supplier changes, general updates, BoM maturity etc. distribute to the Team and help feed into MRP system by providing support as required
* Support weekly Change Control Board (CCB), liaising with Change Request Board (CRB) to effect changes into BOM once approved
* Help to define and agree with the Engineering Team the drawing requirements to support initial drawing release
* work closely with key business stakeholders including Engineering, to ensure that BOM lists are constantly maintained and evolve in line with recent modifications or changes
* Support other members of the team within the Configuration function
* Provide support for other key areas where necessary
What you need to be the successful BOM Coordinator:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Educated to Degree / HNC standard in an Engineering or commercial discipline or with demonstrable relevant practical experience
* Computer literate with good understanding of MS Office, IFS (ERP System), Windchill
* Possess good communication skills, oral and written, enabling them to interact with a wide variety of Team members of various levels of the company hierarchy
* Will have a background in the creation and management of complex BOM's within a design and manufacturing environment
* Self-motivated, with a willingness to learn
* Must show an engineering aptitude and be highly analytical
* Experience of working or willingness to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Must be flexible and willing to travel - overnight stays at other UK based company facilities possible
* Good written and verbal communications skills, as will be required to work with teams from across the business.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a BOM Coordinator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.