|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 30 days ago|
£30,000 - £35,000
About the Bridge Engineer role:
The post is for an Engineer working within the Bridge Civil Structures department based in the Leeds office working on various, exciting projects within the UK and abroad.
As an Engineer with experience of transportation infrastructure projects, we want to ensure that you continue to develop your technical expertise and career. To achieve this, you shall have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team based out of the Leeds office, working closely with fellow Engineers and Technicians who are continuously striving to enhance the company's overall Bridge Civil Structures skill capabilities.
What we're looking for, for the successful Bridge Engineer?
We are seeking a Bridge/ Civil Structures Engineer to join our Bridge Civil Structures team working collaboratively with other infrastructure engineers/ technicians across North West & Yorkshire. The new employee would principally operate within the Rail environment on our current significant Route upgrade, enhancements and renewals project and frameworks. There may be opportunity to support the wider bridge and civil structures team beyond the rail environment.
You shall play an active role in all stages of a project, from: scheme design through to construction design including rail bridge assessment, feasibility and design work; helping to support other bridge engineers and technicians to undertake tasks and produce project deliverables; interface with other rail disciplines for design input and communicate with other stakeholders within the wider project teams.
- The engineer will be a competent and enthusiastic bridge/ civil structure engineer with a very strong technical background
- excellent communicator
- They will be approaching CEng MICE and/or MIStructE status.
- Whilst existing rail competency would be ideal, it is not essential if their work to date has been predominantly highway bridge based particularly if this has included work on existing and historical bridges of a range of different structural forms and materials.
Essential Skills for a Bridge Engineer:
- Working towards CEng MICE and/or MIStructE qualification
- Demonstrate a strong technical base with industrial experience in bridgeworks and civil engineering for transportation infrastructure.
- Demonstrate good written communication skills and will be able to explain their work confidently to internal and external colleagues.
- Usual office software i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Has independently produced and managed production of engineering deliverables such as calculations, drawings, specifications and reports for technically complex bridge/civil-structure works for transportation infrastructure.
- Familiar with best-practice bridge/civil-structure design, assessment and analysis methods, associated codes of practice and approval processes.
- Highly motivated and with a desire to tackle interesting problems with the opportunity of finding innovative solutions.
- Good team player and supportive of the other disciplines.
- Familiar with bridge/civil-structure associated UK national standards, Network Rail standards and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
- Knowledge and experience of using 3D design packages such as SolidWorks / Rhino / MicroStation or Revit.
- Use of information management software such as ProjectWise.
- Ability to code, programme and otherwise use digital skills e.g. Grasshopper, Python, advanced Excel etc
Reward and Benefits:
Our client offers a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.