|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £22000 - £26000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
£22,000 - £26,000
We are currently looking for a Technician to work within the Bridge Civil Structures department based in the Leeds office working on various, exciting projects within the UK and abroad.
About the Bridge Technician Role:
We are seeking a Bridge/ Civil Structures Technician to join our Bridge Civil Structures team working collaboratively with other infrastructure engineers/ technicians across North West & Yorkshire. The new employee would principally operate within the Rail environment on our current significant Route upgrade, enhancements and renewals project and frameworks. There may be opportunity to support the wider bridge and civil structures team beyond the rail environment.
You shall play an active role in producing 3D models and drawings for all stages of a project, from scheme design through to construction design. Our projects vary across numerous sectors and you shall be part of the Bridge Civil Structures team working collaboratively with other infrastructure engineers/technicians across North West & Yorkshire.
The Bridge Technician role will include:
* Helping with the Production of Building Information Modelling (BIM) documentation across a diverse range of projects.
* Helping to coordinate with different disciplines both internal and external to prepare and maintain BIM models.
* Production of 2D drawing documentation.
* Assisting the team in creating detailed drawing lists for various Bridge Civil
* Checking drawings and models for accuracy and quality of own output, as well as work produced by others', ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
* Managing your own time on projects to ensure deadlines are met.
* Helping with the producing project related correspondence and reports.
* Assisting in the development of other team members where required.
* Contributing to the development of good practice and processes through involvement with the skills network.
* Attend and participate in, presentations and workshops.
* Opportunities for further development, with guidance, training and feedback provided.
What we are looking for the Bridge Technician:
* We are looking for an enthusiastic Technician with excellent technical and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, contributing to projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
* You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your technical / Software skills.
* In the long-term you will strive to achieve an understanding of the design process the engineers utilise within the team, to help the technicians to explore the capabilities of various software to develop ways in which the software can be used to streamline the delivery of our work.
* You will support the team by helping to deliver high quality BIM models to communicate our design work.
* HND in Civil Engineering, (Structures) or related discipline;
* Demonstrate a sound technical base with experience in civil engineering;
* Demonstrate experience in the use of the following software packages:
* CAD packages - AutoCAD and MicroStation.
* Usual office software i.e. Word, Excel etc.
* Good team player and supportive of the other disciplines;
* Highly motivated and with a desire to tackle interesting problems with the opportunity of finding innovative solutions.
* Working towards an appropriate degree and ideally a Technician Member of (or working towards) the ICE or related professional body.
* Demonstrate good written communication skills and will be able to explain their work confidently to internal and external colleagues.
* Understanding of Bridge Civil structures, (and the key interactions between other assets such as Railway, Highways).
* Knowledge and experience of using 3D design packages such as SolidWorks / Rhino / MicroStation or Revit.
* Experience within reinforcement detailing.
* Use of information management software such as ProjectWise.
* Ability to code, programme and otherwise use digital skills e.g. Grasshopper, Python, advanced Excel etc
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.