|Location: Greenford||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kyle Carter|
Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
£40,000 - £50,000 Per annum
Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer needed for a successful Defence company to work on a number of high-end Secure Communications, ISTAR System and Information Assurance projects with Defence customers all across the globe.
The successful Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits.
Some of the main duties of the Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer will include:
- Build and Configuration Management of software and FPGA implementations across the business unit.
- Applies configuration management philosophy, structures and tools across the business unit.
- Provides builds for and support during integration/regression test.
- Deals with issues arising from test of software/FPGA builds and releases.
- Formulates, issues and maintains all software/FPGA configuration management/change control documentation processes/procedures and release documentation.
- Produces configuration status accounting information, providing at any time configuration status and supporting metrics.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve build/configuration tools and techniques.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced engineers; shares knowledge willingly and constructively.
- Seeks input from peers and manager as required; ensures that work has been reviewed to a suitable level.
- Present proposals clearly and constructively debates input from others.
- Manages security of information as defined in the Security manual
What the Build / Configuration Engineer will need to be successful:
In order to be the successful Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Has knowledge of software change and configuration management fundamentals and principles i.e. baselines, merging/branching, build processes etc.
- Has knowledge and proficiency in the use of Software Configuration Management and Continuous Integration tools.
- Has knowledge and proficiency in the building of software for embedded applications and FPGAs.
- Is proficient in using automated methods for the production of software and FPGA builds and regression testing.
- Is proficient in the use of scripting languages e.g. DOS, BASH, Python, TCL.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Build Engineer / Configuration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.