|Location: West Malling, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Gold Group are seeking a Business Analyst to join our client a well-established Insurance company located in West Malling, Kent.
The vacancy is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £40k per annum depending on experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing strong working relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Extracting and anticipating requirements through interactions with stakeholders, document analysis, requirements workshops, and translating into technically appropriate specifications with relevant acceptance criteria.
- Working with the PMO to understand project prioritisation, gathering of high level requirements for management review and approval ahead of project kick-off.
- Demonstrating agile responsiveness to change and updates throughout delivery, while retaining control over the core requirement to avoid scope creep.
- Elicitation of 'bigger picture' requirements from specific requests to enable the most efficient methods of change, distinguishing core business needs over user preference.
- Differentiating Minimum Viable Product requirements from finer detail refinements in order to enable iterative delivery and review of core development in advance of the final product.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements, delivering artefacts as required (including but not limited to): high level business proposition document, detailed specification, conceptual prototyping/wireframe mock ups, user stories, use case and other UML diagrams.
- Working closely with the development team, or as part of Scrum delivery teams, to monitor progress of delivery, support sprint planning, and provide refinement for scope clarification.
- Risk awareness, and escalation to the PMO if delays, blockers or issues are revealed during in-flight development.
- Working closely with the PMO and Head of Development to implement effective business process modelling and workflow structures.
- The candidate may be required to travel to various offsite locations to meet with stakeholders from all business units and customers.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- A background in business analysis, with experience working in a structured project environment providing software solutions.
- A proven record in successful requirements gathering of complex medium to large projects within a high profile, pressurised environment.
- Exposure to delivering work streams across multiple simultaneous projects.
- The ability to be self-organising and use initiative within a developing remit in order to demonstrate success outside of structured processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Excellent customer interfacing, negotiation, and presentation skills, including the ability to drive change, and influence others to buy in to ideas.
- The ability to present confidently and competently to all levels of the business, internally and to external customers and suppliers, displaying strong business acumen and sensitivity.
- A high level of diligence, and attention to detail, commercial focus and a broad technical appreciation and understanding.
- An aptitude and desire to understand business processes, workflows, system architectures and component interaction and dependencies, with a drive to suggest improvements where appropriate.
- Tenacity, and the determination to question and challenge the status quo in a non- aggressive manner.
- Experience with modelling techniques and methods, prototyping applications, and a strong understanding of UX analysis to deliver customer-driven and delivery focused outputs.
The below skills are desirable but not essential
- Experience in, or a good understanding of, the conveyancing and/or insurance industry.
- Education at least to Batchelor's degree level in a related field such as Business Analysis, Information Technology or Business Administration.
- Professional training and industry-recognised certification in business analysis methodology.
- Experience working within a range of methodologies, preferably demonstrating involvement in transition to Agile practices and the implementation of process change therein.
- Experience in Product Management, including Product Owner responsibilities, team leadership, and Scrum processes.