|Location: Suffolk, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
My client based in Suffolk are a leading global construction company who are recruiting for a Business Analyst.
As a Business Analyst your role will be to elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders.This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering, compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need.
As a Business Analyst you will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions.
As a Business Analyst you will recieve the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive family friendly policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
Business Analyst's Responsibilities
- As a Business Analyst you will also be proactive about working with other IT groups to look for new technologies to optimise business processes. As a Business Analyst you will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision including business change.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the quality assurance of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimised.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organisation may opt to use.
- Analyse and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilise standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team and the business stakeholders.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
Business Analyst Essential Skills & Experiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organisation's core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems, issues, and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management (Agile Methodologies).
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems and two to five years of related work experience;
- Equivalent long-term industry experience in a BA role;
Even better if you have BSC (ISEB) International diploma in Business Analysis, or IIBA BABOK CCBA or CBAP certification is desirable.