|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Business Analyst needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Business Analyst with an in-depth knowledge of stakeholder management and engagement, strong analytic skills, along with strong experience in forecasting.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Business Analyst will include:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engagement with stakeholders to understand relevant programmatic, financial, schedule, technical and risk data to develop a position on business performance. The incumbent is expected to be an analytical thinker and test the validity of data before use. Coordinate direct contact with key program personnel (Program Managers, Integrated Product Team Leads, etc.).
- Analysis: Develop predictive cost models to forecast the technical, schedule, and performance cost risk associated with larger Ampthill programs. Using the internal processes to analyse cost trend data, risk assessment parameters, financial parameters, parametric estimates, and other risk/cost factors. Research, analyse and review databases, hardware descriptions, statements of work, vendor quotations, and other elements in developing independent estimates.
- Interpretation: The incumbent will provide a commentary around project performance results, including interpretation of key areas of performance to local and corporate leadership and implications for the business.
- Metrics: The incumbent will develop performance metrics to be used in future modelling
- Development: The incumbent will attend training and development courses as well as one to one mentoring
What you need to be the successful Business Analyst:
In order to be the successful Business Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Values: The applicant must be able to collate relevant data and provide an independent analysis of project performance to the business. Building trust with colleagues, behaving with integrity and independence when delivering results is essential to this role. The incumbent needs to be a self-starter and be able to rapidly change and hit priorities in response to business need.
- Data: Ability to understand project data, such as scope work works, commercial conditions, supplier responses, scheduling and project risk etc. The incumbent must be able to process current and historical data, providing a model of project performance. Critical-thinking and an analytical approach is core to achieving these outcomes, with a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Engagement: The incumbent must be able to manage multiple stakeholders at varying levels within the business and be able to deliver to short deadlines. This includes ensuring frequent engagement. Strong presentation skills are desirable.
Desired skills and experience of a Business Analyst:
- Degree level Finance, Technical, Programmatic, Business, Mathematics qualification, equivalent experience or professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CEMA etc.
- Project or finance experience advantageous
- Experience within a manufacturing environment would be highly desirable
- Data modelling experience would be advantageous
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Business Analyst position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC clearance initially, DV clearance eventually.