|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Buisness Analyst - Agile / IT / Digitial
My client will conduct virtual interviews and on-board WFH
Buisness Analyst with experience within IT and some digital experience needed for a leading financial organisation based in Dorking.
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for working with the agile team and the Product Owner to define and document acceptance criteria.
As a Business Analyst you will ensure the solutions delivered are of high quality by collaborating with the agile team members and by leveraging/using appropriate elicitation/documentation practices for the team. They are active team members who participate in the estimation of work required to deliver software features. .
The successful Business Analyst will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible benefits scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Sports facilities and gym on site
- Performance-based incentive bonus
- Life Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension scheme
- Two days paid volunteering per annum working alongside a variety of community partners
Some of the main duties of the Business Anlsyst will include:
- Elicit requirements using appropriate techniques (often times elicitation will require work on artefacts such as Personas, User Stories and/or Story Maps)
- Collaborates with Product Owners to manage and groom the backlog for the team
- Collaborates with the Product owner and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories with precise and accurate acceptance criteria that will be used by the team and product owner to ensure that stakeholder and product owner intent is effectively captured and developed
- Define the detailed design and acceptance criteria for a user story on a just‐in‐time/just‐enough basis
- Review the acceptance criteria with the Team (Software Engineers and Test Engineers) to ensure agreement on testability so the team can drive toward getting the right tests automated to support continuous integration
- Collaborates with the team on the definition of done for business analysis tasks to ensure successful development of user stories
- Collaborates with business partners and the agile team to define, coordinate and at times execute Acceptance Testing
- Determine and use the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source
- Performs Story Decomposition to enable planning at the appropriate level of granularity that supports the just‐in‐time nature of agile approaches
- Completes process mapping and decomposition
- Collaborates with the agile team during planning and interacts with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and product owner to agree sprint deliverables post sprint planning
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to ensure that the stories identified and defined are aligned with the Capability roadmap
- Has a detailed knowledge of business processes for assigned business portfolios and has suggestions or ideas on how to improve
- Gather requirements for persona of specific user experiences. Completes Information architecture and works with UXD resources to ensure excellent user experience is delivered.
- Evaluates native functionality from third party/cloud solutions and identifies opportunities to meet business needs
- Identify data sources and gather and analyse data relevant to processes impacted by the solutions being created
- Documents functional and non-functional specifications
- Assists the agile team with internal test execution, inclusive of documenting results, managing and tracking defects, and trouble-shooting issues that arise out of testing
- Collaborates with the Team (Architects, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting
- May perform configurations of third party/cloud solutions including page layouts, workflows, reporting and dashboards
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Ensure the continued protection of information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
In order to be the successful Business Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable years experience working as part of an agile team
- AGILE / IT / Digital experience
- Passionate about the business direction, priorities, results, and customer experience.
- Has demonstrated good analytical abilities
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills to document and communication requirements
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organiation.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- IIBA certifications are a plus
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.