|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Business Analyst - Clinical Information Systems
I am recruiting for a Business Analyst with clinical information systems for my client based in Surrey who are a leading software house that specialise in clinical system software within the NHS / Healthcare arena.
You must have NHS and clinical systems software experience for this role.
Business Analyst Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
As a Business Analyst with clinical information systems experience your role will be split 50/50 at the office and at client sites in London.
As a Business Analyst with clinical information systems experience you will work as part of a team responsible for the design, development and delivery of a large scale, complex electronic medical records system for a prestigious healthcare organisation.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- As a Business Analyst you will have a proven track record in healthcare software business analysis, ideally working for or within an NHS clinical setting.
- Broad understanding of healthcare policies and procedures, clinical terms and the current drivers in healthcare practices.
- You will need to understand software well and would benefit from having a good technical knowledge.
- Responsible for gathering information, interpreting user needs and developing user requirements that are fit for purpose.
- Required to participate in workshops with expert members of the customer's clinical and support teams, collating information from a number of different sources.
Business Analyst Essential Skills:
- Minimum of three years' business analysis experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience of working with project methodologies such as PRINCE2 and Agile.
- Experience of gathering, identifying, interpreting and elaborating customer requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and manage customer meetings to ensure the required meeting objects are achieved.
- Ability to talk authoritatively on a subject and to help co-ordinate multi-stakeholder discussions.
- Ability to shape user requirements, proving expert opinion as needed to achieve suitable project outcomes.
- Experience in developing requirements specifications that will be used as the basis for the software design.
- Good all-round knowledge of healthcare practices, ideally in a clinical setting.
- Good all-round knowledge of the NHS healthcare system, healthcare policies and clinical terms.
- Highly organised with an ability to manage and execute tasks effectively within a high-pressured environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills.
- Good all-round technical (IT/IS) knowledge.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
Business Analyst Desirable Skills
- Understanding of healthcare software architecture.
- Understanding of software development techniques.
- Experience of using formal requirements gathering and requirements definition techniques.
- Experience of working within or for the NHS.
- Familiarity of Open Source methods and technologies.