|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £400 - £450 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
Business Analytics Reports Developer
Main Purpose of Job Business Analytics Reports Developer:
- Deliver developments within Business Analytics (BA) aligned to the Group's business strategy and collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved business insight and to correctly analyse the data presented.
- Responsible for quality development, unit testing and performance testing in adherence to the Group BI technical architecture roadmaps and lead key initiatives.
- Provide functional technical support for the maintenance of the business analytics platform.
- Provide data insights to lead the club to data supporting the 10 year strategic plan.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities Business Analytics Report Developer:
- Engage middle manager and peer level staff across the group and promote the appropriate development of business analytics usage within the respective departments.
- Lead individual developments and manage small sized IS projects, using a combination of agile and PRINCE2 methodologies. These will mostly be report creation.
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency in development and support but also enhance business self sufficiency of the group to rely less on IS to provide business analysis (e.g. via training, coaching, facilitated workshops)
- Perform report development, including building of queries, templates and workbooks
- Perform analysis & debugging of complex data issues, working together with business to resolve errors and provide performance tuning to reports.
- Provide statistical data models to support reporting requirements.
- Understand and contribute to the Logical and Physical data modelling process for the business analytics platform
- Suggest improvements to processes regarding data flow and data quality in order to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Responsible for the quality of the design, build, test, implementation and support solutions in MSSQL Server, SSIS and Tableau, packaging and delivering new service offerings developed by the developer or peers is performed in line with all relevant guidelines and data protection regulations.
- Deliver the solution through QA to achieve customer sign-off and smooth deployment into production
- Preferred: Design and create objects such as tables, stored procedures and ETL packages.
- Preferred: Test, monitor and tune software code for stability and performance.
- Work with other areas of the IS Dept including Basis team, ABAP developers, Quality Assurance and Operational Services to ensure that the platform and architecture is robust and should enable BA applications to adapt with the changing needs of the business.
- Provide technical support for legacy transactional databases, reporting systems and business analytics platforms.
Knowledge of the Business Analytics Report Developer
- Tableau - Desktop
- Tableau - Server
- MS SQL Server - T-SQL
- MS SQL Server - SSIS
- MS SQL Server - Database Administration Advanced performance tuning
- MS SharePoint User
- MS Excel
- Exposure to and an understanding of a recognised project management methodology such as PRINCE2 and AGILE, whether it is CMM, PMI, MSP etc.
- Experience and expert knowledge of being a team member in implementing Business Analytics data warehouse through at least 1 full lifecycle project is desireable
- Degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Microsoft certification
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.