|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £250 - £280 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
Business Analytics Tester
Main Purpose of Job of the Business Analytics Tester:
- Deliver testing of developments within Business Analytics (BA) aligned to the Group's business strategy and collaborate with developers to deliver quality code, right 1st time.
- Responsible for quality functional, unit and performance testing in adherence to the Group BI technical architecture roadmaps and lead key initiatives.
- Supporting Users in achieving User Acceptance Testing (script writing, training users on UAT)
- Adherence to company standard test approaches and procedures.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities of the Business Analytics Tester:
- Engage with Users, Test Team and BI team to ensure fluid end to end planning, communication and delivery.
- Lead individual tests, using a combination of manual and automated testing methodologies for (non)Functional, Installation, Integration, regression, performance and UAT.
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency in test script creation, test planning and test execution including evidence gathering. Produce defect reporting and also enhance business self sufficiency of the group to rely less on IS to provide testing support for UAT.
- Perform automated test development, including testing of SQL, SSIS, Tableau templates (reports) and workbooks (Excel or SSRS)
- Perform analysis & debugging of data issues where tests have failed, working together with developers to resolve errors.
- Understand and contribute to the Logical and Physical data modelling process for the business analytics platform
- Collate and manage the customer UAT sign-off. Thereby allowing smooth deployment into production by development team.
- Be the defect owner. Identify and manage all defects raised through to successful resolution.
- Preferred: Suggest improvements to processes regarding data flow and data as a result of test defect analysis.
- Work with other areas of the IS Dept including Basis team, ABAP developers, Business Analytics and Operational Services to ensure that (through appropriate testing) the platform and architecture is robust.
- Responsible for training users in implementing UAT to required standards.
Knowledge of the Business Analytics Tester
- Tableau - Desktop
- MS SQL Server - T-SQL
- MS SQL Server - SSIS
- MS SQL Server - Database Administration
- MS SharePoint User
- MS Excel
- Exposure to and an understanding of a recognised testing methodology such as ISEB, Agile, GAMP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.