|Location: East Sussex, England||Salary: £32000 - £36000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Business Development Consultant
East Sussex- travel required
Currently looking for a Business Development Consultant, to work for one of the largest Financial Services companies in the world, based in East Sussex.
Some of the main duties of the Business Development Consultant will include:
- Apply market knowledge to identify and focus activity on contacts which deliver high volume/value to the company.
- Influence distributor decision-making through demonstrating a full working knowledge of the products, services and technology, and a high-level knowledge of the market and competitor products.
- Actively promote the company's products by demonstrating benefit to the Intermediaries' customers.
- Develop and agree a personal business plan for designated accounts, consistent with relevant panel objectives, in order to deliver agreed API/penetration targets.
- Deliver on a range of business key performance indicators (KPIs) and run rates to meet API business targets. Ensure talk time and proactive call targets are met and exceeded and ensure that you and the team are self-motivated and determined to succeed
- Document sales activity in line with agreed business plan. customer relationship management system, systematically capture, maintain and use Intermediary information to inform future sales activity.
- Identify and obtain the support required to deliver agreed targets (resources, training, etc.) with a particular focus on junior members of the team.
- Ensure that the service/product sold is appropriate to the Intermediary's business/customer opportunity.
- Achieve best practice in compliance and sales skills against agreed benchmarks.
- To share your knowledge, best practices and ideas with others.
- Work with BDM (Key Account Manager) on key events with strategic account partners and be a lead presenter when needed.
Skills and qualifications as the Business Development Consultant:
- Salesperson with significant prior experience in financial services as well as a demonstrated ability to sell above target.
- Superior and specialist knowledge of the protection market, protection products and their usage in the market; displays an ability to share best practice and upskill others in this regard.
- Proven dedication to the FS industry, seen through qualifications and the undertaking of a high level of professional development (networking, attendance of events, practical learning of oncoming changes that may affect the product and market)
- Current knowledge of competitor offerings.
- CII R05 Financial Protection as a minimum.
- Excellent call handling skills; to listen, build rapport, acknowledge and deal effectively and efficiently with all customer enquiries.
- Personable, friendly, self organised, able to work on own initiative.
- Articulate with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to proactively develop strong business relationships.
- Excellent planning / organisational skills - manage tasks and timings appropriately.
- Strive to continuously improve and be the best by proactively seeking and acting upon feedback.
- Superior networking, relationship development & management skills.
- Strategic thinker, skilled at business development and planning.