|Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex||Salary: £65000 - £85000 per annum + Variable bonus + Car|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Business Development Manger
Business Development Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced Business Development Manager with an in-depth knowledge of the Flight Simulation and Training Defence Market and an established global network.
The successful Business Development Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus based
* Company Car
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: The Business Development Manager, is responsible for pursuit and order capture for the Government Systems part of the STS portfolio and will be a subject matter expert in the Simulation and Training domain. In addition to this, the postholder will be responsible for performing activities related to competitive analysis, market research, market share determination, and external product/capability overviews.
Some of the main duties of the Business Development Manager will include:
* Focal point and lead order capture responsibility for assigned pursuits.
* Responsible as in region subject matter expert for given portfolio and product providing expert assistance to Account Management, GS Portfolio BD and LCVS in the development of customer strategies, new opportunities, Market Requirements, concepts, solutions, products, techniques, and standards.
* Work with Account Managers to determine customer needs for identification of leads and prosecution of prospects.
* In-depth knowledge of technology, Conops and product applicability to determine viability of new technologies/solutions to drive regional customer requirements.
* Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise to look for synergistic opportunities.
* Development of assigned pursuits in coordination with Account Managers, Managing Directors and business portfolio's as applicable to maximize order/sales opportunities and customer satisfaction.
* Lead customer events (Road shows, TIMs, Tradeshows, etc.) and Management of Bailment Units
* Generate and analyse competitive assessments
What you need to be the successful Business Development Manager:
* Proven track record in government / military sales and business development.
* Established, proven network in Simulation and Training market
* Broad knowledge of integrated Simulation and Training Solutions; in particular for high value military training
* Previous experience selling simulation solutions to governments, end users and/ or primes (GS and/or CS)
* Highly experienced and competent at presenting and influencing senior levels of customer/ government audiences
* Ability to work independently and proactively
* Understanding of Contracts, Bids and Proposals
* Experience of successfully developing international opportunities
* Ability to develop strategic plans and implement them
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline
* Comprehensive Market Analysis Experience
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!