|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + Commission + Car + Healthcare|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager needed for a leading Defence company based in Surrey who are looking to employ an experienced Business Development Manager with an in-depth knowledge of UK MOD procurement processes and with specific business development experience in Land / Military / Special projects domain.
The successful Business Development Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* 1% total sales commission
* Company Car
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* + Much more!
Some of the main duties of the Business Development Manager will include:
* Market analysis. Production of capability roadmaps defining how to develop existing business areas and identify future or related programmes.
* Key customer relationship management
* The preparation of business cases for potential new opportunities including PV investment
* The responsibility for completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitations to Tender, bid management including team co-ordination when required
* Participation in the collation of costing/pricing information and presentation to the senior management team
* Maintaining the company's prospect database
* Providing input to the monthly marketing report and attendance at monthly marketing meetings
* Providing press releases for inclusion on the company website and in the company's internal newsletter
* Support and attendance at trade shows and exhibitions
* Support to the preparation of marketing material/datasheets etc.
What you need to be the successful Business Development Manager:
In order to be the successful Business Development Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Detailed knowledge of UK MoD procurement processes and the frameworks under which they work
* Proven experience of business development within the defence industry, preferably within the Land/Army/Special Projects domain, including selling into UK Primes
* Formal qualification in a relevant technical discipline, e.g. electronic engineering or mechanical engineering
* Self-motivated and able to plan and liaise with a number of different organisations; entering into detailed technical and commercial discussions
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to work collaboratively with others and be a team-player
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!