|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager needed to join a user-centred innovation and product development consultancy. My client is looking for someone with experience of product development processes across innovation, design and engineering.
The successful Business Development Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Pension Scheme
* Private Healthcare
* Company-wide Bonus
* Flexiable Working Hours
* Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Business Development Manager will include:
- Working with existing client base to understand their business needs, future programmes and how and where the company can partner and add value to their organisation.
- Partnering with the company's key focus clients with which the company have great relationships already, develop that further with the objective of them becoming advocates of the business, putting the company at the forefront of their minds when new opportunities arise.
- Identify new leads and clients for work which supports the Industrial sector strategy and develop opportunities from qualified leads setting up calls/ in-person meetings as appropriate.
- Provide input to proposals on win themes, value to client and available budget and act as Bid Manager where requested by Head of Industrial.
What you need to be the successful Business Development Manager:
In order to be the successful Business Development Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Likely to have an engineering or technical background and potentially have moved into client relationship/business development / project management.
- Be responsible for developing client relationships and the turnover of designated clients, identifying new opportunities, creating and presenting proposals.
- A good understanding of the product development process across innovation, design, engineering and DFM (Design for manufacture)
- A hands-on approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions
- The ability to plan and present, fully justifying approaches and decisions along the way to the client
- A good understanding of client profitability, reporting and liaison is essential
- Confident negotiator achieving and pursuing a positive outcome for all parties
- Ability to write clear, unambiguous and compelling proposal documents
- Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes
- Ability to help the company develop and retain its portfolio of clients by clearly understanding their objectives, thus ensuring expected results are achieved
- Understanding of how the business works and the importance of generating income/maximising profits and controlling costs
- Understanding of the importance of demonstrating respect and confidentiality regarding company and client information
- Have a positive approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities