|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE £20k|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Crawley-Moore||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Business Development Manager | Technology Industry | £35k-£45k | Permanent | London
My client, a technology company based in London, is seeking a Business Development Manager. This role is permanent and will be paying up to £45,000 + OTE.
This role will take responsibility to develop a pipeline of private sector clients, whilst upselling and building on existing relationships - specifically for the data division of the company.
Key responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- Part of a highly driven sales team striving to achieve individual and team targets.
- Involves lead generation through different channels such as cold-calling, networking at events.
- Upselling and building on existing relationships and opportunities.
- A consultative approach to selling, understanding client requirements and adapting the solution to meet those needs.
- Understand the wider cloud-service software technology sales process.
- Convey the value of data to clients and deliver commercial opportunities through integration with other Geospatial systems.
- Work closely with clients, to provide information needed at the various steps of procurement, to ultimately close sales.
- Contribute to bid management submissions, i.e., RfQs and ITTs.
- Market and competitor analysis, to understand AppyParking's software and data USPs.
- Regular reporting to management on targets, achievements, campaigns and other KPIs.
- Travelling to clients for on-site meetings, demonstrations and events.
- Keeping up to date with the changing technology and mobility ecosystem including automotive and smart city markets
Ideal Business Development Managers will display:
- You are highly ambitious, driven and have built up a network of clients within the private sector (e.g. OEM's, Operators, Consumer products).
- You will have at least 4 years' experience delivering sales to clients in mobility, automotive or consumer products.
- You will have a proven track record of relentless pipeline building, by actively hunting new leads through research, events, conferences and networking.
- You will have technical confidence to carry out demonstrations at meetings and events.
- You will have confidence in switching between sales styles i.e., cold calling, lead generation, business development and consulting.
- You will have the ability to generate quotations and detailed proposals to clients.
- You will have demonstrable experience developing sales toolkits including pitch decks, case studies, sales scripts and demo kits.
- You will have experience in producing weekly and monthly reports including forecasting and KPI's and presenting these to the management team.
- You will have experience in maintaining comprehensive pipeline detail in a CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, organisational and communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity, honesty and humility is essential. Those with big