|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + car allowance, commission, benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 29 days ago|
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- Data/Solutions
£55,000-£65,000 + Car, Commission and Benefits
Key tasks include:
- Build and pursue a pipeline of market opportunities in-line with the sales strategy
- Develop new customer relationships in order to deliver profitable new business growth through understanding their needs and requirements
- Accurately forecast sales to agreed timescales against yearly and quarterly targets
- Lead the full sales cycle from lead generation to proposal submission, negotiation and contract award
- Effectively develop and manage proposals, bids and quotations to secure business
- Identify marketing & PR opportunities linked to relevant markets, customers & opportunities
- Liaise closely with Consultants and Engineering team for opportunities
- Maintain accurate account plans & strategies
- Maintain accurate weekly CRM updates & customer meeting notes
- Engage in company-wide initiatives: be a company Ambassador.
- This is a role that will offer you ample opportunity to develop both your business development and technological understanding of complex data solutions. You will be working with senior experts in their field and your potential career progression could be anywhere from managing a Business Development hub to Sales Director.
- You're not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
- You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
- You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area. You're a dynamic and proactive BD Manager who thrives under pressure and always takes responsibility for developing new customers and accounts.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable success of solution sales, through a mix of software and services
- Track record of leading the full sales cycle from lead generation to contract award for £500k+ opportunities
- Consistent sales success: achieved annual sales target in excess of £2million
- Takes accountability and ownership. Demonstrable track record of working autonomously to build portfolio
- Both strategic and tactical in thinking: capable of understanding the intricacies of Public Sector engagement
- Effective user of a CRM to drive accurate and regular customer touch point/reporting and pipeline analysis.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Worked in Public Sector
- Comfortable with technical solutions and software
Security Clearance Requirements
- Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You'll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual bonus)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 - 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including "first of the month" drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ's and much more
- Employee recognition awards
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.