|Location: Leatherhead, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sean Tierney|
Gold Group are partnered with a leading engineering consultancy to employ their new Business Strategy Manager for Energy & Renewables.
The client are flexible on location as its important to get the right candidate. Can be based in any of our UK offices.
Our client provides independent engineering and consultancy services to the energy industry through their Energy Business Unit, supporting the generation, transmission and distribution of energy to consumers.
With extensive industry experience in Off-shore Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Storage, Hydrogen, Transmission and Distribution and Carbon Sequestration, we successfully help clients manage existing assets and perform innovative Research & Development.
Reporting to the Group Business Manager, the Business Manager will be responsible for developing energy business with the Government, in particular BEIS and ideally with a range of Research and Development organisations:
- The role will be do develop or business with Government organisations. Matching requirements with our Capability.
- Ownership of the energy work we undertake within the Government organisation.
- Support in preparation of bids and quotes.
Key elements of the role are as follows:
- Contribute to the strategy of the overall energy business and develop the strategic plan for their sector;
- Support internal delivery and maintain excellent customer relations, quality, programmes, and profitability across the portfolio.
- Be responsible and accountable for developing and delivering the in-year sector plan;
- Work collaboratively with other sector BMs within the Energy Resources Business Group
- Maintain existing and develop new strong relationships with customers, collaborators and key delivery partners;
- Characterise the key market drivers and influence the development of our services towards the needs of the market;
- Develop and coordinate campaign plans to deliver quote, order and profitability targets;
- Identify, characterise, influence and capture opportunities for delivery by the business;
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Experience in sales, marketing and strategy development within a similar consultancy environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the energy market and major stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of Government organisations, in particular BEIS.
- Ability to define new skills and services to bid and win major projects.
- Have a broad mix of strategy, business development and bid leadership skills.
- A successful track record in sales and marketing and the development of profitable sustainable consultancy business streams.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.