|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Steve Barham|
A contract opportunity has arisen to join a Family Run Construction Firm as a Business Support Manager. The role is based in West Sussex, with a view to start Mid December / Early January. The role will be an 8 months contract to cover a Director whilst on a 6 months sabbatical.
The main objective of the role will ensure the smooth running of a small but busy office. The key responsibilities will be to act as a first point of contact for New Business Enquires, supporting the Contracts Managers and Quantity Surveyors, General Administration, Marketing, HR and H&S.
- Experience of working within a business to business environment and have a basic understanding of commercial contracts
- A self-starter who manages their own workload and time
- Have a friendly and professional telephone manor with the ability to act as the first point of contact over the phone with an understanding of the importance & value in customer care
- Have good organisational skills, with a pragmatic approach to prioritisation and delegation
- Strong PA or Office Management skills including using the full MS Office suite
- Hands on team player ready to lend support to ad-hoc tasks to support the smooth running of the office
About the role
- Act as the first point of contact for business enquiries ensuring that they are dealt with correctly, with the appropriate follow up
- All business administration to include tender and PQQ submissions, database administration, archiving and operational support
- Produce updates and reports for the business on critical activity, seeking authorisation and clarification on business decisions that need action
- Purchasing materials, office supplies, plant, tool and site equipment
- Producing information and site packs for health & safety
- Coordinate information to go onto the website including case studies, sending out profile packs and submitting projects for awards
- Act a central point of contact for HR including staff issues, recruitment and training
- Property management, ensuring the portfolio is managed correctly; including insurances, utilities, leases leaseholder problems and enquiries.
This role will be varied and influential. it requires a friendly, supportive and diplomatic approach with the ability to get things done, to ensure smooth running of the business and the team.
- Standard hours will be 8 - 5 with an hour for lunch and with parking available
- This role is a full-time role that could offer some flexibility on hours