|Location: Corsham, Wiltshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus and OTE uplift|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Business Lead. (Defence, Aerospace, Rail OR Nuclear)
£60,000 - £70,000 Plus a generous OTE commission plan
The Business Unit Lead (BUL) will be responsible for steering a specific business stream to deliver strategic goals and objectives, promoting the comoanies range of specialist services to customers, winning and delivering business to achieve sales, revenue and margin targets.
This post is the key point of contact for a selection of clients: you will be the face of your business line and expected to answer client queries, offer advice and develop new business. Your goal is to support the profitability of the company by securing and delivering business at agreed profit margins.
- 5 years plus minimum experience in a senior management role
- 5 years plus experience in safety or mission critical domain(s)
- Minimum 5 years sales experience.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
- Good knowledge of research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Developing and implementing the Business Unit Strategy including how to:
- Deliver agreed sales, revenue and margin targets.
- Identify and develop new customers and service lines.
- Grow accounts of existing customers.
- Balance the focus between existing and new clients to ensure positive development of both
- Develop value propositions that cover both existing clients and targeted new clients
- Tracking, analysing and exploring market trends specific to the compoanies services to identify new opportunities and any service development requirements to develop growth plans and strategies.
- Identifying and agreeing marketing objectives with project technical teams to identify and develop repeat business opportunities with existing clients
- Defining the annual Business Unit Sales Plan with support from the Business Unit Technical and PM Leads.
- Identifying potential customers and promote our services to them to develop new business.
- Identifying and qualifying sales leads.
- Negotiating the terms of agreement with customers and closing sales.
- Representing the company at conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
- Monitoring and analysing market conditions and promoting the range of services on offer.
- Recording sales information.
- Reviewing your own sales performance aiming to meet or exceed target.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and email.
- Understand clients' business plans / needs to identify how you can best support each customer in the future including skills and expertise requirements and potential new service line opportunities.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong relationship management and motivational leadership skills, able to both encourage and support staff strengths and weaknesses
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to deliver and achieve
- Can work individually and as part of a team
- Able to lead with confidence
- Adaptable, flexible, resilient and has a positive supportive approach and attitude to obtaining results
- Ability to negotiate, handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.