|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £29000 - £34000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Pay: £29-34k DOE
Buyer needed for a multinational aerospace organisation based in Winborne who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with previous experience in technology/electronics buying.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are acknowledged by the vendor base
- Action MRP exception messages, schedule ins/out and cancellations in a timely manner
- Review and manage the open Purchase Order book MRP to ensure component/service deliveries are delivered in line with requirements
- Ensure latest projected dates of supply dates from vendors are maintained accurately on the ERP system to ensure production lines of balance are accurate
- Manage the communication embodiment of change making amendments to requirements, schedule and price as required
- Data owner for all supply master data and procurement elements of plan for each part
- Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers,
- Ensure timely disposition and return of any non-conforming supplier material ensuring rapid replenishment to support production need.
- Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors; negotiating price changes with vendors
- You will be a team player with excellent communications skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders to achieve the best results. Initiative, drive and problem-solving capabilities are key characteristics needed for this role.
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience working in supply chain organisation
- Previous experience as a Buyer within a technology/engineering/manufacturing company
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Experience in influencing and/or negotiating
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Technical knowledge of commodities being managed
- Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!