|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £20 - £32 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Buyer
Rate: £20 - £32 p/h
Term: Initial 12 Months
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Key Skills: Buyer, Procurement, Supply Chain, Mechanical, Electrical, Equipment, Component, Defence, Vehicles, Fighting Vehicle, Armoured Vehicle, SAP, ERP, CIPS, Lifecycle, Quotes, Vendor, RFQ, Off the Shelf, Defence, Stakeholder, Negotiation
An experienced Buyer is required to play a key role in the direct buying of a mix of Mechanical and Electrical components and equipment used in an array of armoured vehicles projects.
So, what will you be doing as a Buyer?
- Undertaking the procurement process including issuing RFQs bid evaluation and award of contract
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure best value is achieved
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Ensuring that procurement activities are complaint with internal and legislative procedures
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain
What are we looking for in our next Buyer?
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in a Business/Scientific/technical discipline
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Hold a string knowledge of SAP ERP Systems
- Data Literate with strong analytical skills
- Mechanical (Machined items) & Electrical (Box-build, Cables, Components) experience
- Experience in Quotes, Vendor Management, Negotiation
- CIPS Qualified
- Supply Chain experience in the Defence Environment
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Buyer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Buyer, hit that APPLY button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy