|Location: London, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Aungier|
Buyer needed for a large, privately owned main contractor based in London. They are looking for a Buyer that has an in-depth knowledge of the Civil engineering, infrastructure and new build sectors with Sub-Contract experience and prior Management experience.
Salary and benefits:
The successful Buyer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they are a fantastic company with a young driven management team that with support you with your development within the business and will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- 27 day's Holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private health insurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ideal Buyer will include:
- Regionally focused experienced procurement specialist who identifies the regional operating unit demand and supply chain capacity for the regional operating unit.
- Propose the procurement strategy for the regional operating unit and develop the regional supply chain to suit the demand.
- Provide market competitive procurement solutions for the operating unit which demonstrate best overall value for money.
- Provide an effective and professional service in the procurement of sub-contractors and materials covering: -
- Work winning / Pre-construction procurement strategy and supply chain selection for Bid Leader
- Construction stage project procurement for Project Leader, including: -
- Procurement strategy
- Production and driving of the procurement schedule
- Development of work package documents in conjunction with project teams
- Work package procurement
- Production of sub-contracts in conjunction with project teams.
- Management of sub-contract formalities (execute, bonds, warranties)
- Supply chain management, including structuring the supply chain, carrying out performance and relationship management to drive improved performance/cost benefits.
- Generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance within the trades.
- Support the group procurement functional goals and objectives within the region
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
In order to be the successful Buyer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous proven procurement experience, ideally within the Civils or Power sector, whether from a contractor or client organization
- Sound understanding of the civil engineering and infrastructure market
- Subcontract experience
- Prior management and guidance to more junior members of the team
- CIPS qualified, or aspiring to be so (study support offered)
- A positive attitude, delivery focused and comfortable in a fast-growing, change-orientated environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career through a fantastic, growing company. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
- 01342 330513