|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Buyer needed for a multinational Aerospace & Defence organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of working with MRP/ERP systems, experience of successfully working within a complex and highly regulated industry, and demonstrable experience of improving supplier OTIF performance using a structured methodology.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
- Place/Expedite/Confirm purchase orders in line with MRP.
- Release and reserve shop order in line with MRP.
- Action MRP messages and shortage reports (for manufactured and purchased parts) on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all pricing and lead time data is kept up to date with most recent agreed supplier data.
- Develop professional relationships with suppliers
- Manage supplier performance to exceed 95% OTIF
- Where OTIF is less than 95% work with the supplier to produce an action plan to recover.
- Reduce costs within the supply chain in line with agreed targets
- Work closely with the Commodity managers to take opportunity to consolidate the supply chain utilising alliance and strategic suppliers.
- Support Commodity managers to ensure time critical tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure that extra ordinary costs are not incurred as a result of supply chain activity e.g. FAIRs, delivery charges, artwork, tooling.
- Monitor material availability and release pick lists to stores in line with MRP and material availability.
- Perform contract review on customer orders.
- Effectively communicate customer order availability changes within the business
- Ensure supply chain actions resulting from engineering changes are implemented with minimum impact on delivery and inventory
- Attend daily/weekly supply and planning meetings as required.
- Handle in process material exceptions (e.g. scrap, MRB)
- Manage delivery terms with suppliers and where possible initiate cost savings.
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
In order to be the successful Buyer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of improving supplier OTIF performance using a structured methodology
- Experience of successfully working within a complex and highly regulated industry
- Demonstrated experience of delivering validated cost down initiatives within the supply chain
- Experience of working with MRP/ERP systems Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Buyer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.