|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: £25 - £35 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 3 days ago|
3 - 6 month contract
Buyer needed for a multinational Medical Device and Pharmaceutical organisation based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of ERP systems (M3, Movex), creating and maintaining purchase orders, resolving invoice queries and knowledge of LEAN and Root Cause Analysis techniques.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include but are not limited to:
- To implement an achievable forecast plan (production volumes, purchased materials and stock) directly from the Supply Plan generated from information either directly from Sales and
- Finance or via the Sales and Operations Planning (the S & OP) process.
- To ensure purchase, manufacturing and distribution (not for Veenendaal distribution order planner is part of ELP) orders are placed then expedited to ensure the overall manufacturing plan and agreed customer service levels are met.
- To create, firm plan, release, amend and close manufacturing orders as required to ensure that they are serial number identified (tagged) and are planned to meet the agreed M3 schedule.
- To measure, analyse and report on issues that affect the overall manufacturing plan and the throughput of components and assemblies to identify problems and root causes for future
- To modify and update manufacturing order picklists to incorporate changes (e.g. processes such as engineering change and verification and validation)
- To utilise the tools available (e.g. Qlikview reports, Add*One and K & N Portal information) to track the progress of individual products and parts and take the necessary corrective action required to ensure the product is built to the ERP plan.
- To expedite or amend purchase orders with Suppliers and liaise with the Inbound Logistics
- Control Tower and 3rd party Warehouse supplier as necessary to ensure material is available in time for Manufacturing Order Picking.
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
In order to be the successful Buyer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Business experience with a focus on manufacturing in an advanced technology/industrial environment with high demands on quality an advantage.
- Experience of production scheduling and planning using ERP systems an advantage.
- Understanding the business environment and outlining where it impacts on Planning preferred.
- Use of M3 (Movex) ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement principles preferred.
- Experience of working in a Purchasing environment or Buyer role an advantage.
- Understand the product structures and how the products are assembled.
- Use ERP order and stocking policies to ensure on-time supply at the lowest stocking cost.
- Use M3 to control material movements and costs.
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders, Manufacturing Orders and Distribution Orders in M3.
- Use Qpulse to control non-conformance.
- Use Add*One to manage product options.
- Use Medius to resolve invoice queries, raise purchase requisitions and to assign them to other departments.
- Communicate with external suppliers and inbound logistics companies to ensure compliance to agreed Purchase Order dates, quantities and price.
- Lean and Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- English Speaker.
- Write concise, accurate reports, for managers and other departments'
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets to provide information for other departments.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.