|Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex||Salary: £38000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Max Crawley-Moore|
Buyer | Retail | Burgess Hill | Permanent | £38,000 - £48,000 pa
My client, a retailer based in Burgess Hill, are seeking a Buyer on a permanent basis and will be paying £38,000 - £48,000 pa.
Reporting to the Commercial Director this role will take the lead to develop trading strategies to drive profitable growth online and instore. This is a fantastic opportunity to own the whole trading proposition of key categories and suppliers.
Key responsibilities of the Buyer will include:
- Purchasing - negotiating the best price on purchases, ensuring timely delivery, agreeing favourable payment terms
- Supplier relationship management - developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external suppliers/third parties including negotiating terms of contracts and annual purchasing targets
- Stock control - maximising availability of key lines whilst minimising inventory, ordering stock in a timely manner, managing down aged stoc
- Sales forecasting - working with online and offline channel managers to ensure company sales targets are met, producing regular sales forecasts
- Pricing - setting and competitive customer prices whilst maintaining targeted profit margins and responding to competitors' price movements
- Management/business updates - Regular review activity to update management team and the business on supplier performance trend/issues
- Budgeting and cash flow management - working with finance to ensure stock payments are within financial constraints
- Supplier support - working with suppliers to agree and claim financial support in a timely manner
- Event programmes - working with suppliers to agree and implement staff & customer facing promotional events
- Demand management - monitoring, analysing and reacting to market fluctuations and changes in supply and demand in a timely manner
- Training - organising periodic training events for in-store and telephone sales teams
- Market analysis - analysing consumer buying patterns, product knowledge (including attending UK and overseas trade fairs to source new products), predicting future market and product trends and providing regular market insight to the SMT (review of market trend data gfk/futuresource to highlight opportunities)
- Marketing - working with marketing to ensure initiatives are executed and appropriate marketing spend is allocated to various promotions according to product profitability, generation of and participating in suppliers' promotional activities
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hard goods/electricals buyer to join a fast-paced and growing organisation during an exciting time for the business.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.