|Location: Brighton, East Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Buyer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Buyer that takes pride in their work with significant previous experience of procurement within an engineering / manufacturing biased industry (ISO9001 and / or Defence Certified), ability to identify improvement opportunities and follow them through to conclusion and good level of computer literacy (MS Office applications, internet and e-mail).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the procurement of all production and non-production materials and subcontract requirements to ensure timely delivery of quality conforming goods and services in accordance with customer orders and EDO MBM requirements.
- Review, select and manage a best value, reliable and performing supplier base in accordance with customer contractual requirements and company procedures.
- Actively represent procurement and support Procurement Manager at internal company meetings.
- Essential use of the company MRP II system to support production requirements. In addition, liaise with all production support functions through a variety of progressing and review processes to minimise material shortages, meet schedules/changes and minimise stock.
- Recommend and implement industry best practice approaches to material procurement.
- Ensure timely and conforming product manufacture through controlled and optimised procurement practices ensuring stock and work in progress are kept to safe shortage free levels.
- Provide support in addressing challenging yet ultimately achievable goals and targets for procurement based on sound and proven industry best practice.
- Work closely with Production Control to achieve all material requirements
- Prioritise and adjust workload to support the overall needs of the production plan.
- Liaise with the Suppliers and Quality Manager to redress any supplier quality deficiencies in a timely and pro-active manner.
- Identify and make recommendations on Make / Buy options.
- Ensure all importation regulations relating to procurement are met.
- Ensure flow down and compliance to contract specific and standard procurement terms and conditions.
- Encourage an open honest team-working based interaction with all reporting personnel and colleagues.
- Take part in / support adequate and appropriate training as provided, to meet company needs.
- Carry out audits and corrective actions to ensure the company purchasing procedures are fully maintained in line with BSEN ISO9001 and customer requirements.
- Represent purchasing in meetings with customers and other external bodies as and when required.
- Provide support in obtaining best cost availability.
- Carry out additional tasks reasonably requested or recognised as important to the safe and effective running of the business.
- Actively assist in the control of stock levels to achieve company stock turn objectives.
- Generate and negotiate supplier agreements to support long term company objective
What experience you need to be the successful Buyer:
- Significant previous experience of procurement within an engineering / manufacturing biased industry. (ISO9001 and / or Defence Certified).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations at a senior level.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and follow them through to conclusion.
- Highly motivated and performance focused with good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Capable of holding an authoritative position and winning both respect and technical credibility with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office applications, internet and e-mail).
- Self-motivated and eager to take on responsibility and accountability.
- Unrestricted travel on an occasional basis will be required.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that security clearance up to SC level is required for this position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.