|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: £1 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Buyer needed for a globally-recognised electronic manufacturing company based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of purchasing and procurement within a manufacturing environment, particularly within the Defence and Aerospace industries.
The successful Buyer will want to work for this client as it is a great opportunity to advance their career.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
* Run MRP and request quotations for items required to be purchased.
* Supply material due dates for new orders to the Purchasing Manager within 48hours of receiving details of the customer order.
* Execute MRP requirements in line with demand.
* Select supplier in accordance with approved supplier listing and place order at or below the standard cost.
* Obtain all necessary documentation and information to meet purchasing requirements for goods delivered.
* Progress all outstanding orders and identify shortages.
* Notify Purchasing Manager of any material issues which will affect production.
* Set planning parameters at component level as follows: order multiples, lead times, safety stocks, contract pricing, dock to stock, primary vendor
* Run cancellation report daily and cancel all items not required.
* Assist with placing general consumable and engineering requisitions when necessary.
* Attend Vendor Reviews as requested and assist with vendor appraisal.
* Deal with reject and quarantined materials promptly.
* Constantly seek reductions on cost of materials and the costs of acquisition.
* Review purchasing activities on current projects to ensure all delivery dates are achieved and all problems solved.
* Assist with preparation of and collating of Management data.
* Collate data for PCB Purchase specification.
* Set up Vendor Schedules / Buffer Agreements and monitor inventory and liability.
* Reschedule material as required.
* The buyer will be expected to work using Macola, the Vendor Portal, Microsoft Office and Connectivity Obsolescence Management Software. (plus, other tools, as required)
* Working within a lean environment be constantly seeking and suggesting ways of improving working methods.
* Processing of EPRs
* Carry out any other related tasks as specified by the Operational Purchasing Lead or Head of Procurement
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
In order to be a successful Buyer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* 3- 5 years of experience in a Buying capacity
* Proven ability to manage suppliers to ensure efficiency in terms of cost and time.
* Degree educated
* Knowledge of appropriate policies and strategies
* Experience within a manufacturing environment
* Strong knowledge of MRP and other relevant systems
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in a Lean environment, and the ability to strive for continuous improvement.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.