|Location: Blackpool, Lancashire||Salary: £30 - £33 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Buyer needed for a multinational medical devices organisation based in Blackpool who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of Capacity Planning within a manufacturing environment.
The successful Buyer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because you will receive a payrate of up to £33 per hour.
What the role entails: This role has two critical elements:
1) Capacity planning for medical device manufacturing Value Stream
2) End to end management of the plan and raw materials for Value stream assigned.
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
* Managing planning workbook in SAP (APO). Creation/refresh of plan monthly to ensure plan aligned with refreshed customer demand
* Monitoring over and under consumption and resetting plan as required. Challenge significant swings with Demand Team as appropriate
* Maintaining a weekly capacity plan for manufacturing areas aligned with forecasted demand from customers. Gaining commitment from the Ops team leaders to the plan
* Monitoring manufacturing output weekly and ensuring plan agreed is adhered to.
* Challenge failures to hit plan and try to mediate solution with the Ops team that does not impact or compromise the customer. Timely escalation of issues where they cannot be addressed directly
* Prevention of customer service issues through effective management of plan and inventory. Pre-empting issues using forecast trend and MI
* Trending and managing FG inventory aligned with site targets.
* Timely action of MRP messages to create POs for direct raw materials needed to support the site Manufacturing plan ensuring no stock outs
* Liaising with the Stores function to ensure timely receipt of raw materials
* Checks scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries.
* Works daily with suppliers to build effective relationships to ensure stock outs/issues are proactively mitigated
* Ensure all purchasing specifications referenced on the MRP system are accurate and reflect the latest revision of the specification following SCP-QA05
* Review and maintain the safety stock levels within the MRP system to reflect current usage and future forecast.
* Own the process for the creation of new raw material part numbers within the MRP systems following SEP-118
* Proactively working with Accounts Payable to address and resolve invoice queries
* To ensure that all administration activities required to support the supply base are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
* To generate, maintain and communicate PP&L metrics to agreed timelines
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
* 4+ years of relevant experience. Both functions preferred.
* Experienced ERP / Planning Systems User, able to execute in an ERP System
* Working with spreadsheets/data analysis
* Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
* Contract manufacturing experience
* Working knowledge of financial processes
* SAP experience
* Experience of systems design, integration & test.
* An understanding of Systems from concept through to delivery.
* Knowledge and understanding of Radar Systems
* Experience of working on product development for Naval / Marine Platforms.
* Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
* Knowledge of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
* Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
* Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.