|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Safety, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Principal Engineer - Electrical (C&I)
Barrow or Bristol
£45,000 - £55,000
We have a fantastic new role open for a Principal Engineer - Electrical (C&I). In this role you will be working within the department who are responsible for the systems and the requirements associated with C&I equipment, along with implementation of the software and hardware systems on the UK's Submarine Fleet.
This role will provide you a great opportunity for technical career progression as you will have the opportunity to progress through the project.
Responsibilities of a Principal Engineer - Electrical (C&I):
- Preparing design calculations to demonstrate designs meet performance requirements
- Supporting the generation of schematic diagrams
- Supporting safety analysis
- Writing of technical documentation (e.g. management plans, technical specifications, system design descriptions, functional design descriptions and diagrams)
- Working across various project groups ensuring the designs meets the required operability, safety, security and supportability requirements
- Supporting system design reviews and spatial model reviews
- Developing algorithms
Skills and qualifications of a Principal Engineer - Electrical (C&I):
- Degree or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering or closely related discipline (or equivalent)
- Chartered engineer or working towards
- Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering principles
- Systems Modelling experience utilising Math works, MATLAB or equivalent
What we're looking for:
You will have strong communication skills, with a great eye for detail.
You will possess excellent analytical skills and be a confident team player.
Benefits: This position offers an excellent benefits package which includes….
Competitive pension scheme
Enhanced annual leave allowance
Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
Employee assistance programme
Local and national employee discounts.
Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.