|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £35 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
C# Developer required to join a globally established defence company as part of their IT team in the Hampshire area.
Providing support to the senior analysts in the Logistics Information Systems Support (LISS) team, The C# Developer will be assisting with the support and development of existing SharePoint, GOLDesp, BizTalk and other Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications with a focus on business intelligence for logistics and sustainment programmes.
The C# Developer will also provide support for external customers such as the MoD and other industry partners.
An integral part of Customer Support organisation, the candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Provide support to the senior analyst
- Gather business requirements from both internal and external customers
- Develop C# web, console and Windows service applications
- Develop SQL Server database queries, stored procedures that contribute to the functionality, reporting capabilities and/or performance of the business systems
- Improving automation of data extracts sourced from our information systems database
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimise queries and processes
- Assist information system senior analysts in the development of queries, including for data mining
- Evaluate the impact of business requirements & changes on COTS and integration software. Be able to provide solutions to mitigate risks
- Possession of strong problem-solving skills; must be a team player
- Provide customer support to agreed service levels
The C# Developer will need the following skillset:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in C# and 2-3 years of experience in SQL Server relational database development.
- Ability to capture and analyse requirements to develop new functionality.
- Essential to be able to demonstrate the intellectual calibre and confidence to conduct complex discussions with civilian and MoD customers (subject to the caveats found elsewhere in this job specification - see below) and suppliers.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
Desired skillset of the C# Developer:
- Knowledge of SharePoint (2010, 2013 & 2016)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap
- Understand source control (TFS)
- Visual Studio 2015
- Windows Domain Security
- Internet Information Services
Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance!!