|Location: London, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Personal Responsibilities of the Software Developer:
As the Software Developer, you will be working under the technical direction of the Software Development Manager, to maintain and develop source code and to support and develop SQL Server databases as used by the Company. For this they are offering a number of benefits for the ideal Software Developer:
- Competative salary: £50,000 - £60,000
- Holiday, the Company's standard holiday entitlement is 26 days per holiday year in addition to normal public holidays. The holiday year runs from 1st April to 31st March. This entitlement is prorated for part-time employees, and new members of staff. A maximum of three unused days' holiday may be carried forward into a subsequent holiday year.
- Group Flexible Retirement Plan
- Life Assurance up to four times basic salary
- Group Income Protection
- Private Healthcare
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loans Employees are eligible for an interest free loan of up to £10,000 to cover the cost of their annual season tickets.
- Study Support and Awards for Passing Professional Exams
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a local walk-in GP service
- Staff Social Events
Principle Responsibilities of the Software Developer
- Having Insurance sector background is an absolute must
- To develop new functionality for existing in-house applications and to develop new applications as required.
- To develop and support source code within the company.
- To produce and maintain technical documentation to expected company standards.
- To maintain and develop databases, including manual data updates as required.
- To maintain and develop the presentation of data to the business including dashboards, SSRS reports and email alerts and to assist with data extracts and reporting.
- To provide ad-hoc data extraction and reporting.
- In relation to all of the above, to liaise directly with the business to gather requirements.
- Assist with general support in relation to all IT matters.
- To do any other work as directed by the Software Development Manager.
The key elements required in terms of skills and experience for the Software Developer are:
- Technical Software Developer skills
- Advanced C# programming skills and understanding of Object Oriented design principles with at least 4 years proven experience in a development role.
- VB.Net programming skills to a competent level.
- Solid ASP.Net MVC experience, together with skills to maintain and develop website code.
- Solid knowledge of core SQL Server 2008 (or later) elements including T-Sql, queries, stored procedures, SSIS and SSRS.
- Comfortable working within the Visual Studio IDE space (VS2008, 2010 and later).
- Comfortable working with TFS 2017 for source code control.
- Ideally, but not essential, has worked with SSAS, SharePoint, Infragistics, Crystal reports and Angular 2.
- Non-technical Software Developer skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with business users, gather requirements and discuss issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Deal competently with pressure and able to prioritize workloads.
- Capable of developing and maintaining effective relationships at work.
- Effective team member.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.