|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
C++ Software Engineer
My client is a leading games software house based in Guildford, Surrey who are looking to recruit an experienced C++ Software Engineer to provide upgrade and maintenance support for a game engine.
As an C++ Software Engineer you will have a strong interest in games and how they're made - even better if you have made something yourselve, perhaps using DirectX or OpenGL (or a game engine such as Unity or UE4)
C++ Software Enginner Responsibilities:
As an C++ Software Engineer you will be involved in the upgrading and maintenance of the engine, working closely with project based engineers to refactor and upgrade features that have been written. Your experience with C++ and a traditional software engineering background will be leveraged to determine the best solutions for our studio.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience of Unreal Engine and games software development in general.
Previous experience in these areas is not essential.
C++ Software Engineer Skills:
- Expert in C++ - you've worked with C++ for 5+ years in any software industry.
- Real-time Software Knowledge - experience of the requirements and constraints of real-time software is essential.
- Problem Solver - you enjoy understanding and working with complex systems. You're prepared to dive into unfamiliar code and learn new skills when necessary.
- Adaptable - you are willing to learn and adapt to the role as it grows.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work, and are able to understand different perspectives and requirements.
Even better if you have:
- Agile Methodologies - a goal focused approach and experience of Agile is an advantage.
- Game Development - previous knowledge of Unreal Engine and games development is not essential but may help you get started.