|Location: Leicestershire, England||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Cable Jointer - North
Our client is a fantastic leading utility network company who are known for looking after their own.
They are currently seeking Cable jointers to work around the north area (will find areas closest to where you live) to come and work for them.
Key Responsibilities for the Cable Jointer includes:
- Work safely at all times wearing relevant PPE that is supplied.
- Install and commission Electrical Infrastructure as instructed, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard of safety and technical quality by following all appropriate generic and specific method statements, work procedures and safety instructions
- Accept delivery of plant and materials and check fitness for purpose prior to use
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment remain in good condition, and report any defects to the Resource Manager
- Complete site specific risk assessments on a daily basis and ensure maintenance of a safe working environment
- Act as a Competent Person on Energisations (if assessed as competent)
- Attend "toolbox talks" and other training courses as required
- Record accurately details of work undertaken
- Submit relevant work details for recording and invoicing in the required timescale
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Resource Manager/Regional Manager that fall within the general experience scope of the individual.
Key Activities for the Cable Jointer:
- Manual Handling.
- Working on development sites.
- Working in public highway.
- Identify and understand utility plans.
- Assist the Fibre Engineer with the accurate recording of these installations using As Laid Drawings, and the timely return of any paperwork, along with any other day-to-day duties.
Minimum qualifications / experience for the Cable Jointer:
- DNO Operational Authorisation
- NRSWA certificate for operatives
- CSCS Card
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
- Full valid driving licence - essential
If you are interested please get in touch as they will start you ASAP.