|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: Up to £12.0 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Liz Collins||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Calibration & Service Support Technician
Crawley, West Sussex
An immediate opportunity exists for a Calibration & Service Support Technician
to support the European Business Services Centre (EBS) on a contract basis for approximately 6 months. The environment within this business requires an understanding of precision engineering and complex build and design systems, which may include Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic and Software engineering.
This is a temporary requirement and paying an hourly rate of £12 per hour (Ltd Co or Umbrella)
The successful Calibration & Service Support Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure tools are sent and collected from calibration.
- Co-ordinate replacement tools where required and arrange shipments.
- Check all PM kits tools for calibration dates and co-ordinate any recertifications required.
- Co-ordinate PM Kit movements in the UKBU Diary and book shipments accordingly.
- If/When tools fail calibration, find replacement tools and initiate the order for a replacement.
- Keep Share point and Pulse updated, raise any concerns or missing detail.
- Produce reports of tools due and overdue calibration
- Organise J Building and DHL storage locations:
- Update SharePoint site to reference each tools' exact location
- Update each tool with a photo reference
What you need to be the successful Calibration & Service Support Technician:
In order to be the successful Calibration & Service Support Technician you will ideally need to have the following:
Engineering/Tools industry back ground would be an advantage.
- Heavy goods handling experience and trained
- Administrative duty responsibilities to include but not exclusive to:
- Updating Tools Asset registers.
- Obtaining quotes from approved suppliers for tools.
- Co-ordination of courier collections and deliveries.
- Working on MS packages: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Producing Tool Asset reports
This temporary Calibration & Service Support Technician opportunity, would suit an Engineering professional who has previously worked within a multi-disciplined engineering environment (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Software) and supported a Service or Calibration function.
If you are available immediately and like the sound of being a key member of the Service / Calibration function as the Calibration & Service Support Technician, then please apply today. Interviews will take place very quickly, for immediate start.