|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Calibration and Test Technician
My client, a globally recognised electronics company within the defence industry, have an exciting opportunity for a Test Technician to join their growing Electronics test team based in Weymouth
In this Test Technician role you will be responsible for ensuring that all used equipment is within calibration/inspection date and equipment database is kept updated and you will be required to carry out tasks associated with the manufacturing process, ensuring that the product is tested to the required quality standards and customer requirements.
Benefits for Calibration and Test Technician:
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
- Free parking
Key Responsibilities for Calibration and Test Technician
- Manage and maintain the internal/external calibration and maintenance regime for all agreed instrumentation utilising Maintenance Database.
- Maintain functionality of Maintenance Database
- Liaising with other departments with regard to equipment requiring calibration, servicing or inspections - e-mails, telephone calls, personal visits, escalations
- Request quotes from suppliers for calibration, servicing and inspections, raise EPRs, arrange visit dates, notify impacted departments
- Administration of the collection and sending of equipment requiring calibration
- Maintain records for ESD compliance, PAT testing, servicing and inspections - update records, scan documents
- Assist with the hosting of suppliers on site
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement activities (creation of new databases, improving current ones).
- Performing PAT testing and ESD compliance bench testing,
- Electronically test items from production in accordance with customer specifications and company's processes,
- Supporting Test Department in other activities when necessary as specified by Test Manager.
- Be first point of contact with respect to Calibration, Instrumentation
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Proven experience/track record as a Test Technician Experience in testing IAW customer test spec's
- Experienced MS Excel user
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Must be persistent and dedicated.
- (desirable) ONC in Electronics or relevant experience
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity for a Calibration and Test Technician please press 'apply now'
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.