|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Capability Manager / System Design Authority - Combat Management Systems - C4I
High Wycombe; Buckinghamshire
Capability Manager needed for a multinational defence company based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced Capability Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Combat Management Systems.
The purpose of this position is to lead subsystem integration, development and deployment of C4I products and develop and maintain the technology roadmap for C4I system.
What the role entails:
Capability Managers are responsible for ensuring that all company offerings align with the company strategic plan and that technology and product roadmaps are developed and maintained.
Some of the main duties of the Capability Manager will include:
- Provide Battle Space Management domain expertise to support the innovative development of the Combat System portfolio of products;
- Ensuring that the architecture, design and technology roadmap of the Combat System product portfolio evolves through progressive and disruptive innovation, so it remains relevant and competitive in the marketplace;
- Capability planning and development of roadmaps to ensure that the Capability Area meets the relevant strategic objectives;
- Identifying competitive and technical threats to the successful realisation of the strategy and mitigate these where possible within the Capability Area;
- Supporting the sales and marketing team in the identifying and development of new opportunities within the Combat Systems domain;
- Support the Sales and Marketing team at customer focused events and conferences with domain expertise;
- Maintain technical knowledge, skills relevance and domain expertise through research and attendance at key domain conferences;
- Engineering aspects of bids and proposals within the Combat Systems Domain;
- Identifying opportunities for, and securing external R&D funding to develop the Combat System product portfolio and ensure that business objectives are satisfied;
- Performing a System Design Authority role on nominated projects;
- Ensuring PV projects within the Combat System Domain has maximum benefit to the business and ensure it satisfies its technical business objectives;
- Determining resource requirements for PV, B&P and future B&P / orders and feeding these into the forward load;
- Providing coaching and mentoring to allocated engineers, to develop engineering competence within the business;
- Identifying, developing and implementing new or appropriate process and procedure improvements, to meet current and emergent engineering requirements in line with the business strategic vision and engineering best practice;
- Liaise with other Capability Managers to ensure strategic competitive technological alignment within capabilities and product sets.
What you need to be the successful Capability Manager:
In order to be the successful Capability Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Experience in the operation and development of Combat Management Systems is essential.
- Experience in the application of Cyber Security in systems integration and Military Security Domains.
- Experience and ability to be customer focused and author technical bid proposals is essential.
- Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
- Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Capability Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.