|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Category Manager required to join a globally established Electronics / Engineering company in the Middlesex area as part of the Procurement team. The Category Manager will be responsible for maximising value for money through the procurement process by identifying and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives to improve the design and competitiveness of their products.
The Category Manager will be working as part of the procurement team to manage the supply chain in relation to costs, quality, delivery, risks and improvements.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package of up to £50,000.
Because of the site the Category Manager will be based at, they MUST be eligible for Security Clearance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a commodity procurement strategy to the supply chain
- Responsible for the management of the procurement of bought out materials for selected commodities and suppliers.
- To identify supply chain risks and introduce necessary risk plans
- To develop supplier relationships
- To evaluate and identify supplier capability.
- Establish supplier contracts ensuring customer flow down of terms and conditions are accepted in the Supply Chain.
Key skills required for the Category Manager:
- A strong team player who must have the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with suppliers.
- Good at prioritising and managing own time.
- Ability to set up and manage detailed development sub-contracts.
- Demonstrate business acumen and negotiation skills
- Engineering knowledge / background to understand the needs of the product development.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and terms & conditions of contract
- Proven track record in delivering supply chain cost reductions.