|Location: Haverhill, Suffolk||Salary: £22.00 - £30.00 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Liz Collins|
CDMO Production Technologist
An immediate opportunity exists for a CDMO Production Technologist to join a team supporting critical utilities to perform investigational, optimisation and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Drug Products for clinical trials or commercial use.
This is a contract opportunity for an initial period of 12 months
- Operating a split shift from 6am to 2.15pm (early) and 1.45pm to 10pm (late)
2 positions available:
- CDMO Production Technologist - Paying an hourly rate from £22-£25 per hour
- Senior CDMO Production Technologist - Paying an hourly rate from £25-£30 per hour
The successful CDMO Production Technologist(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Act as a source of technical expertise for others within the APU and represents the department to other functions and employees outside of the APU as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the facility and supporting critical utilities in state of business readiness.
- Contributes to production assessment of new products to be tech transferred to the facility and contribute to development of products introduction planning.
- Contribute to generation of DoE assessments and planning as required to support new product introductions as part of the tech transfer process.
- Actively participates in regular managerial safety visits (or similar) in the area and maintains a high level of HSE vigilance at all times.
- Actively participates in the project team meetings for each programme or new product introduction under investigation and actively contributes to the facility readiness elements of the project.
- Actively participates in compliance audits (e.g., HSE / quality) in the area
- Maintain levels of training in a compliant and up to date manner. Support and contribute to cross-skilling and training within the APT.
What you need to be the successful CDMO Production Technologist:
- Must have:
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Must have strong cGMP knowledge and experience.
- Have experience of operating equipment (Autoclave)
- Be a strong, positive and influential member of the APT, actively contributing to the success of the team
- Experience of working and managing in a 'pilot scale' environment, including for development, clinical material supply or commercial manufacturing.
- Embrace change and innovation and initiate new and improved ways of working
- Understand, meet and exceed internal and externa customer expectations to create positive impact.
- Actively works to gain genuine understanding of cut customer's perspective
- Actively seeks customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement and to gain insight to underlying needs
If you are interested in this longer-term contract opportunity and have experience of working and managing in a clean room environment, you will typically come from an Engineering or Chemistry background (laboratory / clean room) and have knowledge of lean principles, together with track record of problem-solving skills